Welcome to the Port Macquarie Chamber of Commerce
URGENT ACTION: NSW has reached the 80% Vaccination goalpost, and moved to the second stage of reopening on Monday October 18, with further relaxations planned to apply from November 1.
View the rules and operational allowances for your business via this link:
Our Members enjoy these benefits:
Ø Local lobbying with Council, State and Federal Members
Ø Savings on Electricity costs
Ø Support and advice on managing your employees and access to HR documentation
Ø Library of webcasts, webinars, advice, tools & documents
See our Membership page HERE for details
2021 Coastline Credit Union Greater Port Macquarie Business Awards
We’re going to let the excitement build for a bit longer! The Business Awards Committee, in conjunction with our major sponsor Coastline Credit Union, have made the decision that it is in everyone’s best interests to postpone our Gala Dinner event.
We believe it is essential to consider the health and well-being of both the business and local community at the moment, and feel that the vast majority of you would support a postponement. We would like to again express our thanks for your continued support during these interesting times.
We are looking forward to holding a well overdue event, with full venue capacity. If you wish to discuss this, please do not hesitate to contact us at the office. More information will be provided in the next few weeks. We will just have to let the anticipation for the winners build a little longer!
Other Current COVID-19 updates
Port Macquarie Chamber of Commerce has been supporting industry and businesses across the Port Macquarie region for over thirty years. Our vibrant and innovative municipality benefits from the strong advocacy and guidance of the Port Macquarie Chamber of Commerce in growing the economic and social capital of our community. As the longest serving network in the region, we have witnessed our home town evolve from a humble little fishing village into a vibrant cultural hub and world-class travel destination.
We are now in an unusual situation which we believe requires specific attention by all business nationally and in our region. This page will be updated regularly in an effort to provide links to relevant information as it becomes available.
COVID-19 Support package for Business for more information about the new UPDATED eligibility guidelines, watch the 20 minute recording from Service NSW here.
Current restrictions on businesses
For some types of businesses, you are required to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan. A COVID-19 Safety plan is recommended for other types of businesses. Find out about developing a COVID-19 Safety Plan for your business.
CHANGE AND UPDATES FOR NSW BUSINESSES:
The NSW Government website is constantly updated. You will find the most current information on grants, loans and assistance HERE.
COUNCIL ECONOMIC ASSISTANCE PLANS:
Chamber have made a submission to Council regarding the Local Economic Assistance Plan. Details HERE
The NSW government has introduced measures to help landlords and residential tenants work together during the COVID-19 pandemic. The 6-month package is designed to support tenancies to continue wherever possible. You will find further details HERE
A mandatory commercial tenancies ‘code of conduct’ was announced by the National Cabinet.
The purpose of the Code is to impose a set of leasing principles for commercial tenancies (including retail, office and industrial) between owners/operators/other landlords and tenants. It will apply in circumstances where the tenant is a small-medium sized business (annual turnover of up to $50 million) and is an eligible business for the purpose of the Australian Government’s JobKeeper programme.
Landlords must not cancel a lease and tenants must honour lease requirements, although deferrals and waivers of proportions of rent may be made in consultation.
The arrangements will be overseen by binding mediation and a mandatory code will be rolled out in each state and territory.
You can view further details HERE
You can view the code HERE
- Chamber is recommending that local businesses:
- Have the necessary plans in place to operate as normal as possible,
- Keep up to date and informed with any new developments around COVID19 and amend plans accordingly,
- Communicate with staff and customers to reassure them that you have appropriate plans in place,
- Increase hygiene practices and awareness in the workplace,
- Review and communicate your travel and sick policies with your team.
- Encourage and even demand that any of your people self isolate at any indication of illness.
- In a shopfront situation, Think about a concierge service at your front door to limit numbers at any given time.
- Any business operator who needs assistance or guidance please contact us.
LOOK AFTER YOURSELF – IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW NEEDS HELP:
The Port Chamber is proudly a COVID-Safe Business. In the interest of following government guidelines and keeping everyone safe we ask all event attendees to please follow our COVID-Safe Guidelines:
- Event registration and Service NSW QR Code sign-in is compulsory, to ensure contact tracing and tracking requirements are met if necessary.
- Registrations and payments must be made online. No cash payments will be accepted at events. Credit card payment available.
- We discourage you from attending events if your feel unwell, have recently returned from overseas or have visited a COVID hotspot location in the past 14 days.
- If you have been identified as a close or casual contact, have visited any identified venues/locations of concern or have even the mildest of symptoms please do not attend.
- Comply with venue check in guidelines and entry requirements.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Use hand sanitiser to clean your hands upon venue entry.
- Wear a face mask where/when required, inline with government restrictions.
- Maintain 1.5m physical distancing and venue Covid-Safe guidelines at all times.
- Please leave the event immediately upon completion.
- Bring your own writing materials.
- Download the COVID-Safe app and use Service NSW App to check in.
- Check the government’s website frequently https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
- Cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 and notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50.
The Port Chamber will continue to adapt and follow current State and Federal COVID restrictions and guidelines in these changing times. Thank you for your consideration and support to help us keep our community safe.
Please support your community through these challenging times by buying local whenever possible.