About The Area
Port Macquarie is a large coastal town on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia. It is located approximately 390 km north of Sydney and 570km south of Brisbane and within the Port Macquarie-Hastings Local Government Area. The area has a total estimated population of 70,000 people while the metropolitan area has about 40,000 people in localities including the central business district, Lighthouse Beach, Flynn’s Beach, Westport, Clifton and the North Shore.
The town is a mature, long-established community with regional centre status based on its public and private business sectors and supported by its dynamic retail and commercial district. Our region is home to many award winning businesses with a special focus on tourism helping to ensure that visitors receive an outstanding experience.
Port Macquarie has air services daily to and from Sydney, Brisbane and Coffs Harbour. The town is also well served by coach services and the interstate Countrylink rail service through Wauchope.
The Hastings area has long been a holiday destination offering magnificent beaches, lush hinterland and a moderate all year round climate - the town is recognized as a great place to live and to do business. Our coastal town plays host to a wide range of popular cultural and sporting events such as the:
- Ironman Australia Triathlon
- National Human Bodyboarding Titles
- Westpac NSW Masters Road & Criterium Cycling Championships
- Carnival of the Pines
- ABT Sundowner BREAM Classic
- NSW Seaside Classic Basketball Tournament
- Golden Lure Game Fishing Tournament
- New South Wales Touch Association State Cup
- Australian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Australian Formula One Superboat Series
- Festival of the Sun